Nope, I don’t do this. And I feel absolutely terrible that I forgot about this wonderful gesture.
Let me stop blaming myself and thank Penchantress for nominating me for The Sunshine Blogger Award! Now, that did come as a pleasant surprise especially when someone as good as she is, nominates you. True to her title, she is a p’enchantress’. Make sure you check out her blog, you won’t be disappointed. A myriad emotions will be evoked through her words and you can thank me for that later. 😋
The Sunshine Blogger award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community. I grinned widely when I saw this nomination and am delighted to pass on the love to other bloggers I take inspiration from.
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you for the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Now, to answer her questions-
1. What is your Native language?(I’m really curious about this one!)
Hindi is my native language. I’m bilingual- Hindi and English are the only two languages I can converse in. Though I hope to learn a few Indian languages over time.
2. In what profession are you? If you are a student then, what is your field of study?
I’m a Final Year Medical Student in Delhi, India. I keep talking about it a lot so, you can follow my series- Please Correlate Clinically. (Shameless self promotion)
3. Who is your favourite author and why?
Ah! This is tough, I don’t think I can name one. But if I have to- it’d be J.K Rowling and Ruskin Bond (couldn’t name one.) Not only for the way they write but also for the way they chose to live their lives. I’ve grown up reading Harry Potter and all editions of Children’s Omnibus. These are something I hold very dear to me and will always do.
4. What inspired you to start blogging?
I wanted to do this for a long time. I’ve loved expressing myself through words for as far as I can remember. I wanted to create a little space for myself somewhere, it becomes a part of who you are and maps your journey through time. I don’t think I’d have felt bad if I were the only one reading it. But with almost a hundred followers and such support and appreciation, I couldn’t be more blessed.
5. Do you publicize your Blog or Just use it as your personal space?
I’m not on any social media so I do not publicise it. I send links of my posts to my close friends.
6. Do you really read the blogs of the Bloggers you follow?
I try to. I have favorites and I make sure I don’t miss any of their posts. But going through such a large content can take up your whole day sometimes.
7. What other hobbies do you indulge in?
I love to cook. I’m still learning so I try to make a new dish every week. I’ve got into a habit of reading medical journals now.
8. Do you stand up for what’s right all the time even if it invites a lot of debate Or do you just go with the flow and try to stay safe?
Haha! I’m infamous for this. For not putting up with crap and expressing myself as straightforwardly as I can, without mincing words. I’m taken to be rude and arrogant at times but I guess it’s okay. I tend to invite arguments and debates everywhere. I’m learning to avoid a few things now though. Just so I don’t go beserk.
9. Who is the biggest inspiration in your life?
Has to be my father. My grandfather passed away when my father was just 16. Since then, he has been handling everything and has held the family together. The way he’s struggled in life, the way he takes cares of everything and the way he brings smiles by joking around is something incomparable.
10. Tell us one incident when you laughed your heart out while people thought you had gone mad.
Argh! It’s quite ironical that I can’t recall one right now, but in reality I laugh like a maniac. People around just definitely think I’ve got gelastic seizures/laughing bout. I’ll update it, I promise.
11. Say, you’ve been through a really bad time, how crazy could you get to pick yourself up? (If you haven’t been through any, then you can talk about the craziest thing you’ve ever done in your life so far.)
I’ve hit rock buttom and risen up from the dead. There was a phase in my life when I wasn’t in good health, I didn’t have any friends by my side, I was such a pathetic human to be around but- well, it took me a year and here I am. Healthy, happy and in love with my life. Life isn’t meant to be taken so seriously. You’ll be on the top, you’ll be in a deep pit, you just have to know that it’ll pass. Happiness comes from within and you’re responsible for your own.
Blogs that I nominate-
- Incurably Herself
- Megha’s World
- Penny Wilson Writes
- Pantho The Tragic Hero
- Insightful Dreamer
- Delightful Discoveries
Questions I’ve framed for you amazing bloggers-
- How significant is your WordPress blog for you?
- Which is your favorite TV series?
- What is that one quality that sets you apart from others?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would that be?
- Describe an ideal date.
- Which social media platform do you loathe and why?
- How different would your world be if your smartphone was taken away from you?
- What if your birthday was taken off the calendar (as in the day never came that year)?
- Which social cause would you fight for?
- What is it that you look for in the opposite gender?
- Which is your favorite time of the day?
All these awards are a great way to get to know people you admire on WordPress and open yourself to newer, different thought processes.